Introduction Proverbs 16:22-25
What is the reason humanity is placed in this world? We are here and later we are not but why and what purpose do we serve. Many achieve great feats but are forgotten during the coarse of time. You can gain the whole world but in death nothing is taken with you. History is great but what good is it when your dead? What can we do to make sure that we make the right decision of what we do here during our short life.
1. The Way of a Child (Proverbs 16:22-25)
· As children we as human are not overly concern with the eternal
· Most children grow up playing and learning, their parents are the ones that choose their paths
· It is a time when humanity is sin free,
· Children are ready to be taught and to learn and such is the Kingdom of God (Lk. 18:15-17)
· We have two birth as humans, one is carnal the other spiritual
a. Babies are born to be taught and learn, they are young minds that need instruction
b. A new convert is also as a child because they have been birth in God's Kingdom (John 3:1-8)
c. You must come to God as a child to be instructed and obey has words (Proverbs 8:32-36)
d. It is the new birth experience that we must allow God to grow in us.
· It is interesting that God chooses to express salvation as a born again experience
· We must put away the sinful state and serve God in a heavenly way
· God's kingdom is from above, new ways and mind set of thinking
· The way of a child is one of learning and accepting instruction into a kingdom of service
· You must be willing to learn a different form of lifestyle
Learn faith and hope
2. Paths and Decisions (Matt 13:24-30)
· Interesting scripture that teaches us that the ground holds two types of seeds
· The one seed is from heaven, a good seed that brings forth fruit good for mankind
· The second is sown by the enemy and it brings forth sin and destruction
· Both seed will grow together and both will have a destiny during the harvest
a. The evil sin will burn while the righteous will be spared
b. Your purpose here on earth is to follow a path that will determine your eternal destiny
- It is no mistake we were born to make decisions that effect eternity
- It is the small things you do that will set your on the path of everlasting life or death
- The tares is everything that would separate you from God
- Some say sex, drugs and rock & roll
- Other is fame, riches and power
- Whether your famous as an actor or politician or just a sinner lost in sin
- There is a way that seems right unto a man, the world is that path
- Church, religion, God is the correct path but man is not moved by it
- It is a difficult decision (Matt 6:24)
- (Proverbs 14:27) Fearing God a fountain of life
- Every person small and great will cultivate what will grow a curse or salvation
- There are many decisions made in the life of mankind in the end what's in your field
3. Choose Your Path (Joshua 24:15)
· What is the bottom line?
God has called us to make up our minds and not be ignorant
God allows mankind thru the preaching of the word to understand that there are consequences
You must make a decision for Christ or the Devil
Good or evil, the path of man or God's way (Proverbs 14:6)
God brings us to a point that you will have to choose his path or yours
(2 Peter 2:10-14) - Sin is for the cursed children
Now that you have heard the truth what will your choice be?
Your path or God's, The good seed or the tares?
No there is no in-between or making a choice at a later date
This day is the hour (Luke 19:8) Zacchaeus made a decision to serve God
It was not to be made at a later date but when Jesus was there he must decide
Many called him a sinner but he had a change of heart love God rather than mammon
(Rev 3:20) God stands at the Door of your heart, what will you do?
22 Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: but the instruction of fools is folly.
23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.
24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.
3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
2 Peter 2:10-14
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
8 And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.